Our “Family Pool” is the largest of its kind in the city.
Designed to be safer than most traditional pools, it is only 1 foot deep around the inside edge of the pool and gently slopes to only 4 feet deep in the center.
Parents love this pool for their small children learning to enjoy the water.
Relax or swim a few laps in our separate DEEP POOL which is 25 yards long. The deep pool depth ranges from 4 to 12 feet, and you can showcase your diving skills on one of two 3-meter diving boards.
Hours of Operation:
10:00 a.m.—9:00 p.m.
Guest fees apply to any guests 3 and older. You may not bring the same guest more than 5 times.
$20/person Saturday & Sunday
$40/ person Holidays (Memorial Day, Fourth of July & Labor Day)
Inclement Weather Pool Guest Policy
In an event of a refund, guests will be given a full refund within an hour from the time of check-in. A partial refund will be given within a two-hour time frame the time of check-in. Anything beyond two hours, a refund will not be given.
- All pool patrons MUST enter and exit through the pool entrance located next to the office. Every guest must be present with a member when checking into the pool. Every paid guest will also be required to wear a wrist band for the day.
- NO SMOKING ON POOL DECK or CABANA (We have a covered area for smoking next to the cabana and dive pool)
- NO OUTSIDE COOLERS. Food & beverages are not permitted to be brought into the pool area or on club premises. All food & beverages must be purchased at the club. Personal tumblers are allowed if; non-glass and empty upon entry.
- DRESS CODE. All members and their guests are expected to dress appropriately for a family friendly club. No cheek bottoms or thongs are allowed. Shoes & Shirts must be worn in clubhouse.
- Babysitters or nannies in the pool area must pay a guest fee, regardless of attire.
- No sitting on each other’s shoulders.
- No one in the pool during break. Must be completely out of the water, cannot sit on gutter.
- No hard-athletic balls are permitted in the pool area.
- No holding someone under water.
- No violence, sexual harassment, inappropriate language, or underage smoking/drinking.
- Children under 14 must be supervised by an adult.
- No hiding underneath rafts or tubes. Rafts and tubes should not be tipped over at any time. (This prevents the lifeguard from seeing if there is a swimmer underneath them.
- No pieces for the gaming area should leave the gaming area.
- Cabana huts are occupied on a first come, first serve basis and must be accompanied by a member that is 21 years and older.
The Woodhaven Waves Swim Team is a summer sports program for children ages 4 – 18 that includes all skill and ability levels. Our goal is to provide a FUN, supportive environment and a true team experience for every child involved.
Joining the Woodhaven Waves Swim Team is a great way for you and your child to make new friends, learn about team-work and sports and have an FUN, exciting and productive summer.
Our season runs from mid-May to early August. We are members of the LSA league, which consists of four divisions. The Woodhaven Waves Swim Team is a member of Division 2.
Practices are held Tuesday through Saturday at the Woodhaven Country Club Dive Pool. Practice dates and times are listed in the handbook.
Team dues are as follows and cover the cost of team pictures, trophies, ribbons, league membership, insurance and coaching salaries. Dues must be paid no later than the first parent’s meeting/practice. More information about team dues is listed in the handbook.
One Child: $110
Two Children: $170
Three or More Children: $180
The Frog (Non-Competitive) Swim Program
Leaping Our Way to the Competitive Swim Team!
This program is designed for youth (ages 4-18) preparing to move over to the competitive swim team or individuals seeking an exercised based workout without having to compete. Focus is on proper technique and performance in the four strokes; freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly. Competition skills are refined and the importance of self-improvement is taught so swimmers can be prepared to move over to the competitive team when they are ready. Swimmers may be moved over to the competitive swim team (The Woodhaven Waves) once they have mastered the techniques of at least freestyle and backstroke and/or are able to swim 25 yards of the pool.
Interested in private, one-on-one swimming lessons for yourself or your child? We have several licensed, certified life-guards that will be happy to meet your needs.
Please choose from the list below and call to arrange your private lessons:
- Amanda Macaluso – 502-419-3347
Lifeguard/ Swim-Team Participant
- Kelsey Darbo – 502-550-0168
- Carrie Doucette – 502-599-9892
- Lifeguard/ Previous Swim-Lesson Experience
- Carol Paul – 502-594-1895
Lifeguard/ Previous Experience with Tadpole Swim Class
- Kennedy Scott – 502-396-0973
Swim-Team Participant/ Mentor for WCC Frogs/ Lifeguard/ Previous Experience with Tadpole Swim Class
- Zach Shea – 502-592-9829
Lifeguard/ Swim-Team Participant/ Mentor for WCC Frogs
- Coby Judd – 502-436-9010
Year round Swim-Team Participant/Lifeguard/ Swim Team Coach
- Madison Mudd – 502-457-2707
Lifeguard/ Swim Team Coach/ Previous Experience with Tadpole Swim Class
Group Lessons - "Tadpoles" Class
Do you have a child that is afraid of water or is just starting to swim? We have designed a program called the Tadpoles that is created to help your child learn the basics of swimming. This program offers 2 sets of classes:
A class for children who are new beginner swimmers (starting at age 3).
A class for children who are more advanced swimmers in the family pool but have not mastered the dive pool (starting at age 3).
During the course of this program, your child will participate in many swimming activities that involve prizes and a take home frog for the child who shows most improvement in each class. Your child will develop basic skills, such as blowing bubbles, sticking their entire face in water, swimming in the deep pool, and most importantly, building self-confidence.
This program will allow them to progress from the family pool to the dive pool and eventually to the Frogs Program, which will prepare your child for our competitive team.
ON VACATION SINCE 1957
If our swimming pools aren’t enough to alleviate the stress of your day, then take a short stroll over to our Cabana Bar, a true version of a tropical paradise. The Cabana Bar is a real hot spot on Friday nights with live music from 7 pm.-11 pm. and happy hour drink specials.
Hours of Operation:
Friday – Sunday:
12:00 p.m. – Until our last friend leaves